Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let Your Dreams Fly - Thrift Shopped Junkie

From the second I saw the Thrift Shoppe Junkie kit I knew it was going to be one of my absolute favorites!  It's sooooo beautiful.


With the exception of a couple digi flower stamps and the Webster's Pages green flower trim, everything on here is from Thrift Shoppe Junkie.  (OK, the actual text pages I used aren't technically from this kit but you do get a couple of text pages in the kit.)


I love the Pink Paislee frames that come with the kit.  I have no idea what material they are but they're kinda the texture of taffy although they keep their shape.  They come "naked", a manilla color, and I sprayed this one with lime Maya Mist.  Love how the color concentrated in the crevices. 


And how stinkin cute are those Prima pebbles???????  Perfect for little girl or baby pages. 

Incidentally, the pics on this layout are the last professional pics I had taken of my daughter.  She's 4 months here.  She's almost 5-years-old now.  Guess I should think about getting some more, eh?

I'm taking a Claudine Hellmuth techniques class online and am learning some really fun painting techniques.  Here I incorporated a watermark resist with acrylic paint wash and acrylic paint stamping.  I love the way it came out.

 ~picture removed for publication~

Thanks for  checking my layout out!

- Heidi
ARTiQL8 - because I'm not busy enuf...

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this is one of my fave kits and I love what you did with it! Loving that technique with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love what you did with that taffy frame!! how fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg SOOOOO cute!!! I love glass pebbles!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online